Head Office: Pettenbach, Austria
The history of Fronius begins in 1945.
At that time, charging car batteries was not something that could be taken for granted. Günter Fronius was unwilling to accept this. To begin with, he repaired electrical appliances and he built his first charger using 50 Hz technology. An old army hut in Rankleiten near Pettenbach, where the Fronius family lived at the time, was the first company headquarters for this “specialist repair workshop for radios and electrical engineering”. With a small workshop next to the living quarters and his first employee Andreas Schinker, Günter Fronius laid the foundations for a global company.